Thursday, January 05, 2006

Felting Fun!

My first felting experience was a purse for myself. I used the "fur" trimmed tote pattern from Beverly Galeskas's book Felted Knits with Cascade 220 in red and purple and Berroco Crystal FX in red for the "furry" trim. I used size 13 circular needles and dpns. I decided to use both the purple and red yarns held together when making the handle, which resulted in a nice marbled effect.



I made a hat for my dad's birthday in October 2005. Here are before and after felting pictures. I used the narrow-brim style hat with hatband from Beverly Galeskas's Felted Knits. I used Cascade 220 yarn in gray and red with both colors held together for the hat band. I used size 10 1/2 circular needles and dpns.













I made a tea cozy for my mom's birthday in November 2005. I used the Cottage Tea Cozy pattern by Marji LaFreniere in the book Knitter's Stash, with Cascade 220 yarn in a dark gray for the roof and trim and a dark/light stiped gray for the main house. I used size 10 1/2 circulars and dpns for the house and size 8 dpns for the roof and trim.













I made a purse for my sister for Hanukkah in December 2005. I don't have a finished picture of this yet... only a before-felting picture. The pattern was my own. I used Cascade 220 in black with Crystal Palace Squiggle in black/white for the trim on size 15 circulars and size 11 dpns for the handles.













I made MONSTER slippers for my brother and sister-in-law for Hanukkah/Christmas 2005. I don't have finished pictures yet... only before-felting pictures (they're HUGE!). The pattern is Felted Furry Foot Warmers from Debbie Stoller's book Stitch n' Bitch Nation. I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in blue for Stefan's slippers and in pink and lavendar for Viviane's slippers. I used Lion Brand FunFur in blue/green for Stefan's and pink/purple for Viviane's slippers. I used size 13 circular needles for both. I adapted the pattern to be 6 stitches wider for Stefan's slippers after felting Viviane's to see the finished size. After felting both sets of slippers, they were turned into MONSTERS by gluing on eyes, teeth and tongues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home