Friday, January 06, 2006

On the needles

First we have a fun little scarf for Sandra, out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight in gray and black combined with Crystal Palace Fizz in black/white. It's a striped version of the Farrow Rib Scarf from the Little Box of Scarves using size 8 straight needles.

















Next up is a cabled zippered cardigan (for myself) I started working on before the holiday rush and then put on hold. I'm using Knit Picks Shine in cream. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss's Cotton for All Seasons. This is the back of the sweater. The first 3 1/2" of ribbing were knit on size 3 circular needles and then I switched to size 6 for the remainder of the sweater. I just started ball #2 out of 21 balls of yarn!

Lastly we have the experimental raglan sweater... for me. I saw someone mention The Incredible, Custom-fit Raglan Sweater in one of the yahoo knitting group postings that I read. I convinced dad to buy me this amazingly wonderful yarn for my birthday, Jaeger Chamonix, which is being discontinued, so it's on sale for almost 60% off. I want to design and make a cabled raglan sweater with this yarn, inspired by Cookie's sweater, which she brought to work on at a PeninsulaKnitters meeting last month. As soon as I felt the yarn I knew I had to have some. Anyway, I don't want to screw up the real thing, so I'm making a practice raglan using the custom-fit guidelines, to figure out how a raglan is constructed so I can design the perfect cabled raglan to use the Chamonix for. I started swatching different cables in the Chamonix, which you can see in this post. Anyway, the practice sweater (for which I don't have enough yarn yet), is being made out of Patons Divine yarn in icicle white and soon regal red with size 10 circular needles. I am almost done with the raglan line, after which I will put the sleeve stitches on stitch holders and then work the rest of the body with a red stripe across the chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home