Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wedding Shawl

So, I received the mock-up of my wedding dress last week and I finally decided on a shawl to knit to go with it. I'm going to be making the Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting in Jagger Spun Zephyr yarn. I ordered myself the pattern and yarn yesterday (my birthday). I also went to Uncommon Threads for their big sale and bought too much yarn, but that's another story.

First you have Ginger Rogers in the dress, dancing with Fred Astaire in the movie Swingtime. Then you have the front and back of my dress mock-up. Last is the shawl. I'm going to knit it in white. I can't wait for the pattern and yarn to get here! I have about 5 1/2 months to go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The classic beauty of a look that harkens back to an earlier era can transport you to a magical place. Well done Margit....best of luck.

4/08/2006 04:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home