Friday, January 06, 2006

Planned Projects


This is the yarn for mom's aran sweater from Debbie Bliss's book Cotton for All Seasons. It's called the cotton/silk aran, but I'm using Knit Picks Andean Silk in Cornflower (21 balls!), which is 55% superfine alpaca, 23% silk, and 22% merino wool. Very warm and soft with a little silk shine. Here's an image of the sweater from the book.



This fun sock yarn, Knit Picks Sock Memories in Gladiolus, is for mom's future socks! If you click on the link you can see what the self-striping yarn will look like when I knit the socks. I'll probably use the same sock pattern I used for my socks.


This fun sock yarn, Knit Picks Parade in Checkers, is for dad's future socks! If you click on the link you can see what the self-striping yarn will look like when I knit the socks. I'll probably use the same pattern as I did for my socks in a larger size.

Here we have some Karabella Aurora 8 in oatmeal and a light blue. I had the light blue and I just bought the oatmeal this week on sale as an early birthday present to myself so I have enough yarn to make a sweater. I will design a sweater for this yarn either before or after the Jaeger Chamonix sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home