Tuesday, February 07, 2006

FLAK progress

Someone suggested trying out the Donegal tweed double-stranded, so I did. I didn't like the super firm fabric it created in my mini-swatch. You can see the comparison to my single-stranded swatch here.

















Here's my FLAK back so far. I have about 1 more inch to go, and then on to the front! I haven't been able to knit as much as I'd like to recently because being a full-time grad student and a half-time engineering employee at the same time is possibly even more stressful than it sounds! I'm using farrow rib for the filler stitch on the sides. I decided to put only one purl stitch in between the cables because I didn't like how stretched out my cable swatch was. You can see the comparison between my sweater and my cable swatch. I like the sweater better. Also, for the middle horseshoe cable, I made a circle cable instead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magrit,

It looks really good! I wish I had as much done one mine. I've got three inches of the back knit. Oh well, it's not a race, heh.

Susan

2/08/2006 04:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home