Friday, July 28, 2006

Stash! Part 2

I took these pictures a long time ago, but never got around to posting them...
Wool!! (and alpaca)
1) Bulky Wool! I was thinking of making a felted purse with the variegated blue yarn in the front (Crystal Palace Iceland). The 4 balls in the middle (one navy blue is very small) are left over from my fair-isle cardigan, all Crystal Palace Iceland. The red and dark blue on the left are Crystal Palace Merino Frappe, very fuzzy furry yarns. The red at top right (Rowan Big Wool) is left over from a hat Randall made me and Randall's hat. The striped blue next to it (also Rowan Big Wool) is left over from Randall's mom's mittens. The purple and blue are Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky left over from Viviane and Stefan's monster slippers, respectively.
2) DK weight wool and sportweight alpaca, and sock weight superwash wool. At the top left you can see the leftover yarn from my socks. I also knit my nephew socks from this yarn, but I still have more! Below that are Rowan yorkshire tweed in blue and Rowanspun dk in white (both wool). The rest (2 green, 2 red, 1 blue) are Frog Tree sport weight alpaca. The blue and green are what I used for my nephew's baby booties.

3) Cascade 220: worsted weight feltable wool. So many colors. I have made felted purses, a hat, and a tea cozy out of this yarn. What next?
4) Dale of Norway worsted weight light blue: I really like light blue. I bought this yarn around the same time I bought the light blue Karabella Aurora 8 light blue I'm going to use in a sweater. I thought about using this as a stripe in a sweater too, but there must be other options... I could combine it with Cascade 220 in a colorful sweater, or I could felt it...
5) Karabella Aurora 8 leftovers (worsted weight): This rich blue and purple are left over from dad's striped hat. I learned to love this yarn making that hat and bought more later to design myself a sweater. What shall I do with these scraps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home