Sunday, February 19, 2006

Wedding shawl begins

I have started my peacock wedding shawl in Jaggerspun Zephyr (merino & silk) on size 4 needles. This is the top center of the shawl. I'm on row 55 of 250, but you increase 4 stitches per row, so while I have just over 100 stitches per row now, you end with 495 stitches in the last row! I decided to count how many stitches I've done on this shawl, and now I'm up to 2,913 stitches! I'm afraid to calculate how many there are in total just yet. I have until July... =)

Here you can see what it will look like when it's done (except in white)! I also went to Stitches yesterday and got some very yummy yarn! I'll have to take pictures and post them some other day (along with the rest of my stash!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Alana said...

You will love the Peacock Feather shawl when it is done. I know I love the one I did. It took me almost 6 months of on and off knitting (I have two small children, and multiple knitting projects going on) but it was so worth the effort.

2/19/2006 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I looks wonderful Margit! I'm finishing up Flirty Ruffles and will definitely do more of the Fiddlesticks' patterns.

2/20/2006 06:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home