Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dying Part 2

Alyssa and I spent last Saturday dying the second half of our yarn from Knit Picks and our roving from Stitches, mostly with RIT dye. We used a bit of Kool-Aid on our wool roving and Alyssa dyed her sock yarn with Kool-Aid.

First we have our setup:













Next, let's look at the roving...
Here we have Alyssa's wool roving before steaming.....













and when dry.













Here's Alyssa's bamboo roving when dry:













Here's my bamboo roving being dyed and my bamboo roving when dry:













Here's my wool roving:













Next, let's look at the yarn...
Here we have Alyssa's sock yarn, dyed with Kool-Aid.













Here's Alyssa's worsted weight yarn:
















Here's my worsted weight yarn, first ready to be steamed, then when dry:
















Here's all our yarn and roving drying in my backyard:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home