Friday, July 28, 2006

Planned Socks & Xmas Wreath

Xmas in July?

My mom made me this crazy yarn wreath last year, which I hung in my window for a while. She told me I could dismantle it and use the yarn, but my stash is sufficiently large and I don't have any projects in mind for the yarn so I think I might keep the yarn wreath around for at least another year, perhaps longer...





This Knit Picks Dancing is definitely coming with me on the honeymoon. I'm not sure yet what pattern I will use but it's one of the 9 pairs of socks I'm bringing along...




I was going to make a fair-isle pair of socks with this Knit Picks Palette yarn, but I never got around to designing it, so I'm going to give the 2 purple balls to my KSKS pal in her kit. She said she likes bright colors, including purple, so I think she'll like it. It should work well in the pattern I'm sending in the kit, Cookie's latest Baudelaire socks.
Since I now believe I'm only going to need 2 skeins of Sock Memories to make my mom's socks, I'm going to use the black Palette and the 3rd skein of Sock Memories in Gladiolus to make another pair of socks on the honeymoon, one of the mosaic patterns from Sensational Knitted Socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home