Friday, July 28, 2006

Planned Sweaters, Poncho, Shawl

Oh My! Even more planned projects! I took all these photos a long time ago and I want to catch up on blogging before I take off an knit all kinds of fun stuff on my honeymoon.

This first batch of yarn, Filatura Di Crosa Mirto, a cotton, linen, viscose blend, is for a striped sweater from the original Stitch n' Bitch. I bought this yarn at the Knitting Arts sale last year with the other stuff I just posted about.


I previously posted my progress on Randall's sweater, but I never showed all the yarn for it. It's Lana Grossa Numero Uno -- I bought it at Uncommon Threads on my birthday this year (in January).


I also bought gray-blue and red Lana Grossa Due Print (blue-gren) and Chine (red) yarn, which I plan on knitting into two sweaters for myself. I've already desined the red sweater and I'm very excited about it. I look forward to starting it in September when I return.










This is Patons Katrina in black and Allure in a burgundy color. I stated making my mom a ponch out of this last year but the Katrina is ridiculously springy and elasticy and it ended up very uneven, so after I was about halfway done I ripped it all out. I'll try it again sometime. The pattern is in Knit Ponchos, Wraps, & Scarves.




I was considering making a quick shawl out of this Crystal Palace Party for the wedding before I realized I wanted something more traditional and elegant. I think I will still make a shawl out of this yarn eventually...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home