Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Done Knitting Plaid Cardigan

So, I've divided the "On the Needles" sidebar into projects actually physically on the needles and those that are unfinished, but are not currently occupying needles. I still hold that the combined total of these two catagories will be less than 5 items before I start anything new, with the exception of socks for my mom's birthday (in November).

With that said, I finished knitting the Rowan Plaid short-sleeved cardigan yesterday. I used up all 4 balls of yarn, with about a foot to spare. I did not add bands because I'm putting in a zipper and it's already large enough around (and I didn't have enough yarn). There are some aspects about it that I really like and others (THE SLEEVES) which I don't.

I've considered ripping the whole thing out, or just the sleeves. I already had to rip out one sleeve and re-knit it because the ribbing was too tight. The ribbing at the bottom of the sweater is too tight too. But the thing that is so weird about the sleeves is the under-the-arm room -- there's a lot of extra fabric there (yarn which could have been better used elsewhere), but I swear I followed the Sweater Wizard pattern exactly for the sleeves (I diverged elsewhere and added a lace and cable pattern on each side of the front and back). When I bought the yarn (40% off) at Knitting Arts they printed out a pattern for me so I could see how much yarn I needed. The pattern said I was 36 yards short, which was fine, because I don't need button bands. Anyway, I'm not taking pictures until I sew in the zipper, because somehow I think that will make things all better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home