Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday August 27th (Palau time) - A Good Day for Finishing

Written in Palau, posted now! (last one)

To my surprise, I didn't knit at all while we were living on a boat for a week, diving all day long. Diving takes a lot out of you, especially once you start getting cold. In 7 days I went on 27 dives and a snorkeling trip. It was exhausting, but great! I took 2.74 GB of photos with my underwater camera (Randall took a few of those on one or 2 dives). Anyway, it was an awesome week and this past week has been great too, in a very different way. We've been relaxing a lot, sleeping a ton, reading, and I've been knitting too! We went on a hike to see a waterfall and we went on a little trip to see stone monoliths and carved faces.

Here are some photos of the hike to the waterfall...
 
 








The old Japanese railroad...

 


 








The waterfall itself...










Here are some photos of the stone monoliths...
 








I love this tree!
 
 








An ancient carved face!









Today I finished up all the monkey parts I can for Claire's monkey. I ran out of dark colored yarn on row 21 of the tail, so I need more Blue Sky Alpaca sport weight in dark brown before I can finish the tail and the backs of the ears, and sew all the dark brown pieces together. I finished all of the light brown pieces with plenty of light brown yarn to spare, but I'm waiting until I get home to sew any of the pieces together so I can stuff them at the same time.
 
 









Today I also finished up my Knit Picks Twist Picovoli-like short-sleeved sweater (Twist Tank). The color is Cotton Candy. I changed the gauge (size 6 needles) and added ribbing at the bottom so the fabric doesn't curl up like it does on my original Picovoli (both are without the picot edging). Anyway, I love it! And I can wear it on the trip!

 
 
 
 













Yesterday I started a pair of socks for my dad. They're very simple 2x2 ribbing socks, but that's what he wants and it's going pretty quickly. Top down I've got a little more than 4 inches done so far on one sock.
 









Having finished up 2 projects today, I think it's time to start something new...
 
 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the top. Was it okay to wear in hot weather?

9/17/2006 06:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top looks great. I love the neckline.

The monkey really blends into the tropical canopy. Very cute!

9/17/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

That top is so cute on you. I really need to give that pattern a try one of these days.

9/18/2006 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! The monkey looks awesome. I hope I didn't spoil a surprise, but I just wanted to check out your knitting!

9/20/2006 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home