Sunday, September 17, 2006

Doily and Palau Pomatomus

I knit a doily as a wedding present for my cousin while we were in Palau. I wanted to try a German pattern out before I make a shawl using one. I was going to make the doily that is the center of the shawl I want to make, but I accidentally read the wrong chart and made a different doily instead. That's ok because I like it!

Since I didn't bring any size 2 DPNs (and didn't own any at the time), I started on circulars with the correct pattern, but messed up because I had a translation wrong, so I ripped it out. I didn't really like the way the center was coming out either, so I tried again with toothpicks instead, with a pretty nice resulting center (although on the wrong pattern, but as I said before, that's ok).
 









I still need to block it...
 









And as you can see, it's about 8 inches in diameter before blocking.
 









The last project I started on the honeymoon was pomatomus socks out of the Palau-inspired yarn my Dye-O-Rama buddy dyed for me.  










They really did match the scenery...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








Except at sunrise
 








or sunset
 
 
 
 
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Doily! And pomatomus!

Now I really really want to go to Palau. All the pictures are beautiful.

9/17/2006 06:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors really match!

9/17/2006 09:55:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Gorgeous sunset!

9/18/2006 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home