Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yarn Harlot!

I'm finally caught up with posting from the honeymoon (except some underwater photos coming soon).

So, it was really cool to meet Stephanie, the Yarn Harlot, at Full Thread Ahead last weekend. It was also nice to see all the knitters, have lunch and knit before (and during) the event.

Here she is, checking on her crowd photos, determining the Los Altos knitters are not blurry.
 









And we weren't!! Since I was sitting in the middle, I'm in both of the photos she took (sitting between Cookie and Randall, who won a prize for being the only male knitter who taught himself how to knit-- $20 to Full Thread Ahead, with which he bought himself some alpaca to knit the Danica entrelac scarf).












Here Stephanie is simultaneously knitting and making us all laugh (not at the knitting, at the jokes!).
 









And here my Palau Pomatomus sock got to meet her and I got to hold the traveling sock!
 

It was a fun great distraction. I'm really glad I got to see her! She was hilarious.


P.S. I'm wearing the sweater I knit on the honeymoon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, that was fun! Randall definitely sticks out in the crowd.

9/17/2006 06:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looked like a wonderful day.

9/17/2006 09:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home