Wednesday, February 22, 2006

500 stitches per day!!!

Since Randall was so lovely as to roughly calculate how many stitches there are in the Peacock Shawl (based on the area of a triangle) while I was knitting last night, I had to do the exact calculation today. I think there are 62,491 stitches in the shawl. I might be off by a few stitches, because I thought it increased 4 stitches every other row, but that puts you at 498 stitches for the last row while it says there are 495 stitches in that row. This is very minor. At most I think I'm off by 4 stitches.

Anyway, since I just finished row 70 (of 250, that sounds so great! 28% of the rows done!), I've completed 4,897 stitches to date (I marked on the image where I think I am, a la Cookie during the Knitting Olympics). I'm getting married on July 15th, which is 142 days away (crap! that's soon!). That means that I have to average 406 stitches per day to finish the day before my wedding. Now, I'd like to finish a little before that so I don't get too stressed out about it right before the wedding, because I'm sure I'll be stressed out about other things. That means I should aim for an average of 500 stitches per day, which would allow me to finish 26 days before the wedding.

Since I cast on last Monday 2/13, my current average is 490 stitches per day. If I knit 2 more rows tonight before bed, I'll be on track... However, I will be receiving 2 take-home midterms tomorrow... but, I plan on knitting at least 1,000 stitches per day over Spring Break. I also can't help but work on other projects! Particularly the FLAK! Maybe I must cease all other knitting. But Sandra's birthday was 11/1 and her scarf is getting awefully late... (although she picked the yarn and she waited until mid-December to pick it). Hmm... what to do? (Quit my job, drop out of school, and knit all day long??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home