Thursday, May 11, 2006

To my dye-o-rama buddy,

Here are my answers to the Meme:

Questions specific to this swap:
*Your favorite colors? Blue, Green, Purple
*Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Sock
*Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multicolored for socks!
*If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Any of the above.
*Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Whatever, as long as it's pretty soft and durable.
*Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Blue Lagoon











*What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Getting to trade yarn!

General yarn/fiber questions:
*Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yes, twice.
*If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I like squirting dye on with squirt bottles. I like both Kool-Aid and acid-based dyes -- it depends on what you're going for. They're very different but both nice. (I really like the RIT worsted I dyed last weekend because it's so rich in color.)
*Do you spin? I'm learning.
*Have you knit socks before? Yes, but amazingly only 2 pairs so far (one of them baby socks).
*Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Just socks so far.
*What are some of your favorite yarns? Socks that Rock and Lana Grossa Fantasie (I've knit with these); Cherry Tree Hill, Blue Mountain Spinnery, and Lorna's Laces (I've coveted all three but I've never had any).
*What yarn do you totally covet? See last question.
*Favorite patterns? I really want to learn toe-up 2 at a time so that I can knit until I run out of yarn (I like tall socks).
*Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Addie Turbos (circs)

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
*Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Sweet Tarts
*What’s your favorite animal? Orangutan
*Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Yes! I have 3 dogs at home and a fish (a beta named Fred after Fred Astaire) at work. My dogs are an 8-year-old Kuvasz named Jezabelle (107 lb), a 14 (almost 15)-year-old Papillon named Lilla (6 lb), and a ? (maybe 6)-year-old Siberian Husky named Siena (50 lb, we got her from one of the many Husky rescue groups in the bay area almost 2 yrs ago). Jezabelle and Lilla I got as puppies and my parents took care of them for 6 years while I was in college and living in apartments that wouldn't allow Jezabelle. We've had all 3 together for almost a year now since my fiance and I bought a house.

*If you were a color what color would you be? Blue-Green (like a lagoon)
*What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? I love cornflowers and the moon.

*Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "If you don't try, you'll never succeed."

*Do you have a wishlist? Yes. You can check out my knitting book wishlist here. I have many more books on a private "thinking about it" list, but these are the books I really want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home