Thursday, October 12, 2006

SPINNING!!!!

 Kristi came over to SPIN yesterday!! We're going to try to make this a weekly thing so we have some dedicated spinning time...
 
My wheel looks so tiny compared to hers! SO much fun!!! (You can see Siena the couch potato lying next to me.)
 

Here is my second bobbin of home-dyed homespun yarn!
 
And here is my setup to ply my singles into actual YARN!!!

How exciting! (If you're me.)
(Ignore the tangled mess that happened when I had to stop plying to stop Mojo from eating the carpet.)

 Here's a shot of what I was plying last night. I finished spinning just before Kristi left and I stayed up way too late trying to ply all the yarn while Mojo got into trouble and I had to stop many times to get him to play with his toys and not eat stuff. I still have more to ply and then I have to set the twist and wind it into a ball before knitting...

 Oh, and here's my very first handspun that I spun on Kristi's wheel and she so kindly plied, set the twist, and skeined for me. I have no clue what to do with this small amount of very unevenly-spun yarn...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spinning, schminning. I'm more excited about the YARN! :-)

And the baby booties are so cute!

10/13/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm way too lazy to have plied your singles.

Spinning!

10/13/2006 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home