Saturday, October 14, 2006

Purlescence Grand Opening!

 
Purlescence Yarns opened today!

Here's the storefront with the ribbon before the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

 Here is the sign on top of the building (which just showed up very recently). I live mere blocks from this store, so I walked there once last week with Siena and Lilla when the bookcases were shelveless and yarnless.

Then Kristi and I stopped by there on Wednesday for a few minutes before spinning and helped put price stickers on yarn (the sign still wasn't there then). Cookie has some great pictures from that night. It's been fun to see the progress.

You can also see delicious yarn pictures on the store's blog. I'm sure they'll post about the grand opening sometime soon (and I should be in a picture or 2).

 

Here's a close-up of the ribbon before cutting.



 


Here's the actual ribbon cutting.
 
And this is the very delicious Blue Moon Socks that Rock that is now mine. I had to have the strongest willpower ever to resist buying more yarn.

But patience will pay off as I got a free magnet and a coupon to come back next month for $10 off a $50 purchase!
 

The colorway is
Puck's Mischief.
 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing me the sock you're working on. And thank you for making me curious about Knit Picks "Memories yarn. ARGH! ;)

Purlescence is such a great place!

10/14/2006 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Pretty yarn! :)

10/14/2006 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Puck's Mischief colorway! Good choice. :-)

10/14/2006 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(coming from the knitters' anonymous link ;) How is it that you and Cookie can resist ALL that BMFA yarn? And you live that close!? I guess I'm weak, I think I could have filled a huge bag for hold if I were putting price tags - also know as really shopping (to me). Gawd - what a way to get a knitter outa the house. Your STR color - beautiful choice. Terry

10/15/2006 10:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can bet I'm looking forward to using my coupon too! Louet Gems Merino, here I come...

10/18/2006 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home