Saturday, October 14, 2006

Socktoberfest!

I officially joined Soctoberfest!

I have 6 goals for Socktoberfest:

1) Finish Dad's socks and mail them in time for his birthday. Progress: Done!
 

 


They've even been happily received!
 
Yarn: Knit Picks Parade
Color: Checkers
Pattern: 2x2 ribbed socks modified from Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on 2 Circs book
Needles: US 2
 
2) Finish Mom's socks by the end of the month (her birthday is next month).
  
Progress: One sock done! Second sock has opposite spiral pattern (harder than you would think) and I just started the gusset.
Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Memories
Color: Gladiolus
Pattern: RPM from Knitty
Needles: US 2
 
It looks so different inside out that I had to take a picture.




3) Finish my second RPM sock in STR
Progress: Well, the first one's done, right?

4) Spin enough sock yarn to knit a pair of socks (this is by far the hardest goal)
Progress: I bought a spinning wheel! And I'm practicing... (and I've bought fiber!)

5) Finish up my nephew's baby booties and mail them off to him. Not quite socks, but pretty close.
Progress: I'm done knitting and felting and making one pom pom. I just need to re-make the eyelet holes, thread the ties through, make 3 more pom poms, and attach 4 pom poms to the ends of the ties.

6) Another coworker of mine is having a baby at the end of this month, so I'll be knitting another pair of baby socks...
Progress: Haven't even decided what yarn to use!

 
Lastly this month (nothing to do with Socktoberfest) I plan on sewing the zipper into my Rowan Plaid short-sleeved cardigan. The sweater has been blocked, so all I have to do is pin and sew. I'm really not into basting.
 
Here's a (not so great) detail of the top front where the zipper is going to go -- you can kind of see the lace and cable pattern.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks! Woot!

10/14/2006 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home