Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dye-o-Rama and KSKS!

I already showed you the yarn I sent to my dye-o-rama pal. The yarn I received is awesome! I'm going to bring it on the honeymoon! I can't believe how well my dye-o-rama buddy Lyme matched my "perfect colorway," which I named "Blue Lagoon" after a photo of Palau, where I will soon be! How fitting that I should knit socks from this yarn while basking in the glory of the islands themselves. Thank airlines for airline miles.


In other news, I received my KSKS kit earlier this week from Cathy and it's awesome too! She went with a beach theme and did a great job! She sewed me a reversible bag in blue and green, which I'm totally taking with me (my regular knitting bag is too large and warm to carry around -- it's felted). She sent along Wendy Knits with a toe-up sock pattern. She got me Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, yay! I've never knit with Cherry Tree Hill but it looks and feels great, so I'm excited. There were some yummy sweet-tarts as well (Lyme got me some of those too), and Cathy (I think) made me stitch markers with sea shells and beach colors! So cute. Everything except for the book is coming with me on the honeymoon.









Lastly for this post, I finished up my KSKS kit last night to send off to my buddy. I totally made up the pattern for the bag as I was going along, but I love it! Something I didn't realize until I was done is that you can fit needles in the side of the bag between the straps! I had contemplated sewing the ribbon together so it would just have one strap, but I ended up not doing it and I love the "secret pocket" result!

1 Comments:

Blogger PurlingPirate said...

I love that ladybug fabric!!

8/02/2006 07:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home