Saturday, July 29, 2006

Spinning!!!

Time for more marathon blogging before I go...

So, when Alyssa and I were at Stitches in February, we picked up some very simple drop spindles and tried to learn how to spin. Here is a picture of the "lovely" yarn I spun with my CD and dowel spindle.










On Monday, I went over to Kristi's and tried spinning on her wheel! While it was a bit frustrating, and I definitely need more practice, I really think I want to get a spinning wheel!!! My husband (it's going to take a while for me to get used to calling him that) said I could use some of the wedding gift money to buy a spinning wheel in the fall, once I learn how to spin a bit better so I can make an informed decision about which kind of wheel to buy. Here's the roving I bought at Stitches... just waiting to become yarn!! I dyed the roving that in this picture looks white (check it out) and if you look closer in the second picture, the already-dyed roving is really gorgeous. It's going to be a while before I spin that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Bamboo roving! How cool. I'll be interested to hear how spinning that is. I want to learn to spin but haven't bothered trying because I have heard that it's too hard to learn on something other than wool.

7/30/2006 08:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home