Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday August 8th (Palau Time)

I wrote this post from Palau, but didn't have fast internet to post it.


Hello!

I'm in Palau! It's pouring rain here (there's a tropical storm passing though) but I'm glad to be here! I had a nice few days in Guam where Randall and I got Nitrox certified (so we can breathe higher percentages of oxygen while diving and stay down longer at a given depth). We also decided to buy our own SCUBA gear (the stuff we didn't already have) since the price was right and we're planning on going diving a ton in the next month.

We went on 4 dives in one day in Guam (part of the deal for buying our own gear was a discount). On the dives we saw lots of fish, a shark, and 2 octopi! One of the octopi was really cool because it changed colors when it moved to camoflage with the rock. We saw lots of Lion fish on one dive-- they were really pretty. I also saw an eel.

The past 2 days we've been relaxing indoors because of all the rain. We're hoping it will clear up soon so we can enjoy the beach and go diving!!

So far I finished the back of the Cabled Cardigan on the plane ride from Houston to Narita (Tokyo -- a 12 hour 45 min flight) and I finished one RPM sock in Socks that Rock Moss Agate (started on the same flight -- these 3 photos were taken in the Narita airport --





and finished in a hotel lobby protected from the tropical storm rain and wind). I started some lace from a German pattern (in same lobby) but I messed up so I ripped it all out when we got back to our bungalow. With all the traveling and now all the rain, I'm getting some good knitting time in!! (although I haven't knit on the beach yet-- too wet and windy).

You can see there was some pretty major pooling in the gusset...

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Is that the cable sweater in shine? I am looking forward to seeing it person! :)

9/13/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much knitting you managed to get done during the rain storm. Good job!

9/17/2006 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home