Thursday, November 16, 2006

Knitting and Spinning Progress

I finished the first Moda Dea Aerie scarf, in an off-white color, which will be a holiday gift.
Aerie Scarf
I wove in the ends this evening -- I'll have Siena model it tomorrow.

I started a second one too... in a light blue color.
Aerie Scarf #2

Yay, I'm using up stash!

When I was out with Mojo the other morning, when it was sunny after pouring all day long the day before, I noticed this...
Fence Evaporation
and thought it was pretty darn cool.
No, my fence is not on fire.
Water was evaporating off of the wet fence.
(Isn't my neighbor's house ugly?)

In the world of spinning, I was surprised on Tuesday when I started spinning up the bamboo I dyed earlier this year.
bamboo roving and spinning

How did this
hand-dyed bamboo fluff
turn into this
hand-dyed bamboo spun up
?

Every time I look at it, it amazes me.

Because of the all of the colors, and because I only have 4 oz., I initially thought I would make bamboo sock yarn, and knit myself a pair of bamboo socks. However, Cookie said that bamboo socks probably wouldn't be very flexible, and suggested I make something lacy. Since it's coming out in varying shades of purple, I might just leave it as singles, and do just that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Aerie scarves are really lovely. How long are they? The bamboo looks really nice! I wonder if it could be made into something like Tivoli?

11/17/2006 12:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lace lace lace lace lace! Oh hey, whatever happened to that project you were going to knit from that Marianne Kinzel book? Lace!

11/17/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Even if it's not what you expected, that's very pretty! :)

11/17/2006 02:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home