Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rules Schmules!

So, I cast on 3 new projects in the last week. I know I said I would get down to 5 WIPs before starting a new one, but, well, I like starting new things. After finishing so many things in October, it's time to start lots of new things in November. Sounds reasonable, right? (I still haven't put that zipper in my Rowan Plaid Cardigan, but I think I want to find the ends, unweave them, rip out the sleeves, and re-knit them.)


First, I tried casting on for a washcloth 3 or 4 times with different stitch patterns. This is the most recent one. I still don't like it. The pattern looks good in the picture, but that's in a solid color. It doesn't really work with the variegated yarn, so I think I'm going to rip it out and start over for the 5th time. I decided I might make washcloths for some of my family members for the holidays when I was at Michaels a few weeks ago buying Wilton's Icing dyes for dye-fest and the Sugar n' Cream was on sale for $0.99/ball. I bought 10 balls, thinking that if I never did anything with them, it was only $10! (slightly more with tax) ...anyhow, we'll see what I come up with.


Failed washcloth


Next, I started a sweater. I drew a picture of what I want the design to look like at least 6 months ago. I got the yarn, Lana Grossa Duo Chine, on my birthday. Here's what I've got so far...


Sweater Design


You'll have to wait to see what comes next!


Lastly, in terms of knitting, I needed a project I could do while watching movies, etc., so I started a 2x2 ribbed scarf in some ridiculously soft nylon yarn I got at Michaels a while back. I finished the first ball of yarn, so that's half the scarf, since I only have 2 balls. I think it will be a decent length.


No brain scarf


Then, in the world of spinning, I finally untangled all of my homepun, wound it into a skein, set the twist, and let it dry. The results: sock yarn!! And quite a bit of it too, I might add.


My first homespun sock yarn!


I actually think there's enough here to knit up 3 pairs of socks (my sized socks). What do you think I'll be casting on next?

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Mmm, starting new things is fun! The sweater is freaking gorgeous already. Can't wait to see the progress.

11/09/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock yarn is so nice! Spinning!

11/09/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock yarn looks amazing! I can hardly wait to see what the socks look like.

11/10/2006 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home