Thursday, October 26, 2006

Progress on the wheel and the needles

 
So, I finished one bobbin of red superwash singles for my sock yarn. Now I just have to spin the other bobbin and ply them together, and I'll have yarn!

 However, I haven't been making any progress on the 2nd bobbin, because I started spinning my soy silk!!! I love this stuff SO MUCH! Once I'm finished spinning it up, I'm going to navajo ply it into a 3-ply yarn. I can't wait!

 


In other news, I'm down to the foot of my 2nd RPM sock!







To recap my Socktoberfest goals:
1) Dad's socks: Done!
2) Mom's socks: Done!
3) My 2nd RPM: on the foot!
4) Spin enough sock yarn to knit a pair of socks: One ply done (out of 2)!
5) Nephew's baby booties: Done!
6) Coworker's baby socks: haven't started yet

Also, zipper in sweater: not yet

I'm sure I'll be down to the wire, and I might not meet all my goals, but I just have to spin that soy silk!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got 5 days! Do you think you'll get it all done? Good thing I didn't set goals for myself!

10/26/2006 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you're having a great time! Everything looks so beautiful!

10/26/2006 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

You're making me want to learn to spin soy silk, stop it! ;)

10/26/2006 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! soy to socks!

10/30/2006 07:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home